Thursday, July 22, 2010

Where do we find love?

Today is a "find a nursing home" kind of day. I came home from settling my son into his new digs in another town last night. John's older kids had been baby sitting him while I was gone.

John no longer knows who he is. In his words "John Marsh left because he was too afraid. My new i.d. hasn't been assigned yet." Well, who assigns these things? "Those people." There are people all over the condo that he is hiding from and trying to escape from.

My heart wants to keep him home. My head knows that's an insane mission. My heart wants to keep the cabin. My head also knows that's an insane mission.

So where do I find the right action to take? I believe in love and I believe in duty. I love my husband with all of my heart, but in his words, John ain't here. So who do I love? This shell who lives here, shares my bed, is scared of his own shadow?

Where is duty in all of this? Duty to whom? Meem? When saving someone, don't make a second victim?

True love is the ability to put someone else's life before yours. Where does that fit?

It appears I have more questions than answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment