Monday, July 26, 2010

It was a call your bluff kind of day....

So this morning, I waxed poetically about not protecting John anymore. Who was I kidding?

I had all of Dian's cats in the house yesterday which was good, because I promised to bring home two of them. Those guys are escape artists and once they're out, forget about tracking them down until they're good and ready to come in.

In the back of my mind, I know that if I'm smart, I need to kennel the two we're bringing home so that John doesn't let them out, except, that's a long time in the kennel before we leave. Well, guess what - John opens the door and two get out. One of which needs to stay in.

I scolded him about it. He said he wasn't aware of this, yet I had told him of it. The next thing I know, he is climbing up the rails of the deck to leap off and catch a cat which wasn't there. I yelled at him to get down from there and get back into the house and stay there. So much for not protecting him anymore.

Which maybe I should have let him jump? Maybe I should have let him pull the keys out of the ignition too. No..instinct does take over.

But, that wasn't really the protection I meant, was it? I meant, if I need to leave him alone, I'll leave him for an hour or two. But will I take him back to the farm? Not a chance. Not because he is a danger to himself and me, but because I was so upset by the time I got that the fun I had was wiped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment